Wednesday, October 3, 2012

We have recess duty this week. Which means we are outside with the students for recess after lunch. If we have a parent in for lunch, we can leave around 11:10 and have until 11:30 to eat lunch and get back to class. Otherwise if no parent we stay with the class while they eat lunch (we eat in our classroom as the school does not have a cafeteria and the older kids are eating in the gym) Anyway, we have recess duty every three weeks so that isn't too bad. We didn't have a parent today so we were in the classroom and then outside with the littles. During recess I was walking around just watching and checking on interactions when two little boys slowly walked past me. They are in first grade. The one little boy said "but that's just how it is. You have to go to school for years and years and then you pass away. It is sad." LOL It took a LOT for me not to just bust out laughing right there! How stinking cute was he!? (and he was right too!) I never heard what the friend said- I didn't need to. 
Lesson wise today we did fine. I cut up my schedule yesterday to try to fit more in. We have a lot of things going on tomorrow so our schedule will be a mess tomorrow. I wanted to make sure I hit all the critical points so I rearranged things. 

Today we reviewed the vocabulary quickly by just having the students tell me the word and what the definition is. Then we moved on to a vocabulary game I changed up a bit- PASSWORD from the 70s. Another teacher created it on the computer for us to use, but I had a difficult time with setting it up for the whole class. So we switched it up and had kids sit backwards against the board and compete against each other. It didn't go perfectly but we will work on it and next time will run smoother. Tomorrow I'm going to have them slapping the bulletin board with flyswatters for vocabulary review- fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment