Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Mid-term is complete!

Well it is over! Whew! Thankfully it wasn't during the afternoon and it wasn't during a time when the students were wild and out of control (which they really aren't ever-- but they do get chatty...) 

Anyway, I was setting them up with a vocabulary game (I have____, Who has____) which they hadn't played before so there was some confusion. I went through one cycle with most of them and they got it. However, there was one group that just couldn't seem to get it- so I will work with them again later this week to show them again- there was some frustration there for sure! Anyway, I looked up while doing this and saw my FS (field supervisor) in the room- of course she had a ton of paperwork in her hands so I knew why she was there. No time to be nervous- the kids needed me and I was on- so that was perfect! She was able to observe without my being all worked up and worried about it. Then after we played a couple rounds of the vocab game, we moved on to writing their vocabulary words on index cards to study. Again, this wasn't really a teaching time but more of a classroom management time. My FS has been in the class several times though and has seen me teach. So now that that is done I can breathe a relief- this means the experience is almost half over though- and I'm NOT ready for that! I find myself more and more attached to my class- even the kids that drive me bonkers on a daily basis! 
Today went better than yesterday in general. My lessons this week are better- I'm more comfortable teaching ELA lessons for whatever reason. I just need to familiarize myself with the math textbook and it should work out. Of course right now we are addressing an objective that isn't in the math book so that is challenging- but this week RM is doing math so I don't have to worry about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment