Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fire Drill (again)

Tuesday was a good day- other than the unexpected fire drill that happened in the afternoon. Then again a fire will be unexpected if there ever were one so I am not complaining.
Katelyn came up and had lunch with me. She wants to try to do this every Tuesday. We don't get to see each other much during the week- she is either working or at school when I get home and I'm at school when she is home. The weekends are hit and miss because she works 2-10 and I'm always busy doing school work. Needless to say we don't get to talk. I miss her and was happy to hear that she feels the same way. So she started coming up on Tuesdays to have lunch with me and we chat and spend some time together. Today she came in early so I put her to work! :) A classroom ALWAYS has something that needs to be done in it. So today, Katelyn learned how to use the copy machine. And the laminator. She ought to be careful or I will have her doing all KINDS of things for me! 

We had lunch in the parent room at the school. I'm still walking that weird line between being a parent at the school and being a teacher at the school. Of course I'm not an employee at the school just yet (fingers crossed!) so I can easily fall into the parent roll. Being in the parent room can be challenging though because if there are parents in there and they are talking about teachers or school situations I have to just turn my ears off and pretend I'm not hearing them.
After lunch (yes, Katelyn survived the laminator!) I was trying to get some things ready for the next day when the fire alarm went off. I think because first grade was not in the building when they did it last week they had to do it again. Yikes. I felt terrible for our kiddos who have stress from these drills. Luckily the weather wasn't as cold as last week when we had it. The kids got out in perfect time and all went well so hopefully that is the last fire drill for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment