Sunday, October 21, 2012

Tomorrow is our field trip!
We are going here:
http://4hgarden.cowplex.com/
I'm pretty excited. The kids were talking about it a lot on Friday and I was telling them some of the things that we will be doing as well as giving them clues about my unit that I will be teaching them. They figured out that they will be planting their own seeds and watching them grow. I haven't told them everything that we will be doing but I did give them some hints and have them excited. It will be a great experience on Monday- I'm excited to see how it unfolds.
I will be taking my camera tomorrow to take photos of our experience. As a teacher with my own class, I will be making sure to take lots of photos of the students to help them commemorate their year with me. I have seen a lot of videos and slide shows other teachers have created for my kids and I want to do that as well.
I was talking to another 2nd grade teacher and she shared with me a website she uses with her students to create videos- it is called Animoto. I LOVE this! I have already created a handful of videos on there (for free!) and will certainly do this for my classes.
I understand some students are "do not photograph" students so I will be careful to not include them in my productions- but I'm excited to be able to use this type of technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment