Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My first bulletin board!

This week starts the beginning of my week teaching the morning part of the day. My specific requirements for my curriculum say I have to teach 2-3 lessons a day. I am well within that requirement. I am teaching most of the day- I was stingy with my time and only left RM about an hour at the end of the day for math. I have to work on my pacing and getting things done within my time guidelines. This morning went well- I felt like things were moving along and going well. This afternoon was another story though. It seemed like things started falling apart and just didn't get better- in fact they got worse as the day progressed. This week I will have my mid-term evaluation. Yikes! Last week my FS asked me when I wanted to have the eval and I told her I didn't want to know- just do it and I will deal when I see you walk in the room! Anyway, I was VERY happy to see that it wasn't this afternoon! 
When talking to RM about why I felt this afternoon went so poorly, my only thought was that I am completely sleep deprived and perhaps that is effecting me. I'm sure it is- I had four hours of sleep last night because I had a big project due and I have to keep up with participating and posting in my class as well. There just aren't enough hours in the day! I'm used to staying up until 2 or 3 in the morning to get stuff done and then going to work- but working with Teresa is MUCH less brain intense than working in a classroom full of 28 friends!
I have been working on getting my first bulletin board together. I found a great project from the Clutter Free Classroom that had to do with base ten blocks and having the students create their names. I didn't want to have to spend money on it- so the background white paper is just paper from the recycle box- there is printing on the other side. Then instead of doing a border I made a paper chain to go around it. I used the same color paper on the kids' projects as in the letters and paper chain- of course this scrapbooker girl is all matchy-matchy! Here are a couple pictures:



 So that is another thing that I had to do that I can check off of my list. I already have ideas for the next board- hopefully RM will allow me to do that one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment