Friday, September 21, 2012

So long my sweet friend...

I was teaching a Scholastic lesson today when one of the students pointed out that tomorrow is the first day of autumn on the calendar. Which obviously means that today is the last day of summer. Oh so sad! I understand school has been  back in for three weeks and obviously fall is the next season in line, but it is still sad to me to see summer go and the cold weather gear up to move in. We didn't do much this past summer- no major family vacations or anything but we did go to our camper a lot at Taylor's Beach Campground. We love going and spending time away. 
So this morning I woke up an hour late. Yes... a full hour. Oy! My alarm went off at 5:40 and I thought I hit snooze. Usually I lay there for 5 minutes and then get up. This morning, well, not so much. Next thing I know Greg is saying "It is 6:40" YIKES! I have two alarms that I set each night- but of course something happened and I didn't set one of them. When I got to school (pulled into the parking lot at 7:24 I might add!) I looked at my phone and the app for the alarm clock had an error on it. So it wasn't completely my fault- but still frustrating! Needless to say my hair was pulled back today and makeup was minimal- but I was there. My kids were fabulous this morning too- they hurried and got dressed, made their own breakfast, and Alex put most of his lunch together for me. I even made it out the door with coffee in hand (thanks to Greg for setting it up Thursday night!) 

Even though my day started out frazzled, the rest went smoothly. I reviewed morning work (still have to get faster at that) and all went well I think. I presented a lesson on butterfly migration (Scholastic) and the kids seemed to enjoy that. I showed a video and then presented. 
With three weeks under my belt, this means that I am 1/4 through this experience. I am SO not ready for this to end!!! I can't believe how fast it is going. I think I have grown the last three weeks- I know that I have a WHOLE LOT more growing to do though. 


No comments:

Post a Comment