Tuesday, November 6, 2012

It's Friday!

What a long week this has been! School has been insane with being the last week of this first seminar and trying to get everything done within it. Then throw in Halloween and crazy assembly schedules at Keystone, and it makes for a stressful week.
We had a long assembly this morning to honor the girls volleyball and boys soccer teams. Then we had an hour assembly this afternoon about the Detroit Red Wings. I just felt like the day flew by and I didn't get anything done in class. We really didn't lose a lot of instruction time this afternoon since half of the time we lost was to specials.
I don't understand why we have to do so much for the university when obviously we are crazy busy and have plenty to do. It is frustrating when you feel like the work you are doing is "busy work" and not something that is actually teaching me anything. I have talked to several of my peers all along this experience who are going through the same student teaching experiences and I'm not alone here. We are all living, eating, and breathing school in some sort of way- which is fine; we expect to be busy. But we had hoped to be doing things that benefit us in our student teaching experience.
This week I have felt like it started out great and ended in turmoil. Turmoil is probably harsh- but that's how I'm feeling. With so many things going on and behaviors to address, it was very difficult to finish what I had planned. I'm a wee bit of a control freak and don't like when I'm feeling like I'm not in complete control.
Honestly, I know this is supposed to be a challenging time- I'm learning hands-on experience I could never get in a classroom. And I know I'm not expected to be great during this time. I don't like feeling inadequate though- and that is how I'm feeling. I just seem to have lost my groove and need to figure out where I left it!

No comments:

Post a Comment