Monday, November 5, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Oh boy- this week started out so good! I was in control of my class, they were doing what they needed to do, things were great. But then throw Halloween into the situation and all of a sudden I have lost them! 
I started a new "behavior management" system on Monday having the students earning beans each. How many beans they earn will depend on their behavior. I start out at 50 each morning and then each time they are chatty I will start counting backwards from 50. When they stop talking, I stop counting and write the number down. Then when there are issues again, I start counting again from the number I left off at. At the end of the day, what ever number they are at is what amount of pinto beans I put into a vase. Now, I was going to do this with marbles, but quickly realized that that would be QUITE expensive to purchase all those marbles. So I switched to pinto beans. I don't love the beans, but until I find bulk marbles at a very cheap price, we are using beans! 
I have a few ideas to do if they fill the jar- but I'm worried that they won't fill out jar until after I leave- so I'm going to find a smaller jar to use- so that I can "guarantee" that we can celebrate before I leave!

Well, tonight is Halloween. I know we have a few friends out there in the yucky weather Trick-or-Treating so I hope they are safe and keeping warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment