Monday, July 29, 2013

Another Monday Made-It-- and one less week of summer BOO!




I was busy this week working on school things again. Of course still no job prospects, but I'm keeping positive. This morning I saw a post for the school that I really would love to work at for a 7th grade ELA position. Of course I'm not qualified- you have to have additional certification. If I don't get my classroom position, I'm going to go for additional certifications during the school year- I just can't stand sitting around waiting like this! 
Anyway, I was busy working on things for my classroom and have chosen to keep a positive attitude and believe it will happen. Hey, I just need ONE of those jobs out there, right?

My first project was this lovely stool. I got it for $5 at a school closing sell-off. There isn't anything wrong with it other than it is ugly. Last week I finished my bucket seats and wanted to have a teacher's edition to match, so this is it!

A couple coats of spray paint did it a huge favor!


And of course my cushion that I made on it. For instructions for the cushion, look at the reference in my last week's post. I made the bottom row of material much narrower for this because I didn't need the length. 


And instead of using the same material as is on the top for the bottom part of the cushion, I sprung for material that has "grippy" dots on it, so when I'm sitting on the stool the cushion won't slide all around. It sticks quite well actually!

 Next, my oldest daughter has been diligently working on my library sticks. So- she has to get credit for this MMI (Thanks Kate!) They are painted with a black glitter paint and then I made number circles in my colors and hot glued them on. They are kinda hard to see on the picnic table cloth- sorry!


Next is my homework club boards. I went to Dollar Tree and got a pizza pan and a small cake pan to do this (so they are magnetic) I spray painted them black and created the circle letters in PowerPoint. If you use one of these, please give me some feedback. I have seen Tara's on 4th Grade Frolics, and I know she uses the monthly and then keeps track of who never leaves the club, but I'm still unsure how to do that. That is why I created the "homework stars" smaller pan. I don't want to flip back and forth- and I don't want to lose track. Of course my 7th grader thinks this is an impossible goal for me to set for students and was "speaking up for my students" but I reminded him that younger grades will not necessarily have homework to turn in every single day so it isn't so impossible. (and besides that, he has never himself had problems with homework, so I don't know why he objected?) I haven't hot glued the letters on yet- I will wait to do that until I'm in the classroom with these- that way nothing will get damaged in transit. I also have a cool green gingham ribbon to glue on the back of them. I also have the glass tiles to go on them- but didn't have them with me when I took the picture.




Finally, my teacher's tool kit-- LOVE LOVE LOVE! I got the file for the tabs from Ladybug's Teacher Files and just picked a font and what titles I wanted for the drawers. I got the toolbox from Lowes and spray painted it. Of course I'm the world's WORST spray painter, so it didn't go without some glitches, but overall, I'm happy with it. 


I have also been working on these cool things called "behavior beads" from Run! Miss Nelson's Got the Camera! They are a great concept- but a LOT of work to get ready for students. I have everything printed and cut out, but still am working on hole punching and making them "pretty" for students. I promise to have them done for next week to share. 

Have a great week everyone!

Krystal


No comments:

Post a Comment