Sunday, July 21, 2013

3, 2, 1 CLEAR!

Hello! I have decided to bring my blog back to life :) I know I was gone for, well, forever... and I didn't really think I would do anything with this once I was done student teaching. But the last couple months have found me trolling a lot of teaching blogs and in order to post and respond to them, I sort of want to have my blog back. I'll be making a lot of changes to it and trying to figure out how to get it "working" like other teacher's blogs (and maybe even get some cuteness involved??) so that I can share and learn more. 
I did a long term subbing assignment this past spring through the end of the school year. Wow-- did I learn a lot there! My school was in Detroit and inner city schools are so much different than outskirt suburbs schools! I thought about blogging while I was there, but truthfully there were so many negative things that were going on that I didn't want to record it all. In the end of course I left loving (most of) my students and wishing more than anything that I could take a handful of them home with me. Life down there is CRAZY different than in Belleville. 
There were days down there though that I would cry the whole way home (an hour's drive). I remember my son had a band concert one evening and I went to Keystone (where I student taught as well) and ran into a couple of my 2nd graders that I student taught with. Oh, that was bad-- it made me miss them so much! 
I'm still looking for my classroom. For some reason the schools aren't fighting each other to employ me :( Seriously though, I went into education knowing that it is bleak in Michigan- I knew this. I couldn't tell you how many people told me I was crazy. But I followed a dream- and when you follow a dream you don't worry about what everyone else thinks or says. So, for now, I remain unemployed. I look for a job every single day. If there is a job for me to find this school year, I will find it. God has a plan- and I will just keep that as my focus and not completely freak out that I have student loans kicking in this month. Oy! I was offered a job where I did that long term sub assignment but I declined. There were too many factors in that situation that I just couldn't overlook- the biggest one being the commute.
To keep my mind clear and busy while I'm still searching, I have been making things for my classroom. Oh I have some beautiful things I'll be posting pictures of! I'm so excited! Anyway, for those that are still following me, I'll take you with my through my next adventure if you'll have me! 

Krystal

No comments:

Post a Comment